Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2015, 03:34 AM   #1
Maracado

Need help (k3 composite mode)

Yesterday I was out shooting a timelapse that is very important to me and that i sadly can't just reshoot. When setting my k3 up I was a bit in a hurry and didn't notice until the camera had finished with the series that I had accidentally set it to interval composite mode (average) instead of basic interval shooting. So now I got 300 images that basically look the same and aren't usable for a timelapse and am wondering, if it's possible to "undo" the composite mode to get back the original files (I thought that, because I shot in raw, the information might still be stored somewhere in the file).
I'm really devastated because of the lost (?) original files and even though I know the chances of recovering the files are quite small, I was hoping that somebody here might be able to help me.

10-21-2015, 04:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
so all your 300 raw files look the same ? if I remember well, the composite is the extra, not replace all the photos with the final composite result !!!
10-21-2015, 07:16 AM   #3
Maracado

so all your 300 raw files look the same ? if I remember well, the composite is the extra, not replace all the photos with the final composite result !!!

They don't look exactly the same but they certainly aren't the original files either. The way I understand this mode works is that it takes each shot and adds it to the ones taken before and then outputs an image. So the first shot is just a normal image while the last shot is basicly the average of all 300 images taken.