Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
raechul

pentax P3n

I recently got a P3n and it looks to be in perfect condition - except for the mirror - it is stuck in the up position. I can't find anything online about fixing it for this specific camera. I live somewhere without a single camera shop, so any ideas on how to fix this? Like I said, whoever owned it before took great care of it, it's just the mirror! Thank you!

11-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raechul Quote
I recently got a P3n and it looks to be in perfect condition - except for the mirror - it is stuck in the up position. I can't find anything online about fixing it for this specific camera. I live somewhere without a single camera shop, so any ideas on how to fix this? Like I said, whoever owned it before took great care of it, it's just the mirror! Thank you!
Have you tried new batteries and does it turn on? If so try pressing the shutter and moving the film advance lever.

Phil.
11-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
raechul

RE:

Replaced batteries and have fiddled with everything. The shutter button won't even push down, nor will the film advance. Maybe it's just completely broken? Does it auto-wind when you put film in it? It seems like it is something internal, but I can't find any diagram showing the interior.
11-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1) Make sure you have the batteries in the right way; the shutter-speed exposure indicator lights should come on when the power switch is in the on (forward) position.

2) The camera does not auto-wind. That lever is there for a reason! Don't try to force it, though, or you'll potentially have another (and quite possibly unfixable) problem to deal with.

3) It sounds like professional attention is needed, or at the very least someone who's very familiar with these cameras. In the US, Eric Hendrickson is your go-to guy for repairs. His email address and other contact details can be found in this forum or Home. Elsewhere I can't help you.

11-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #5
Site Supporter

The mirror foam probably turned gooey and the mirror is stuck in the up position. As mentioned preciously, a trip to Eric is in order.

Phil.