Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
brenda smith

Optio A30 picture too bright

I have the A30 Sr 10 the picture are so bright and i can't seem to set it. when I do finally get it working and turn off and start another time. they are right back to brillant white which setting? and how to get them to save.

11-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brenda smith Quote
I have the A30 Sr 10 the picture are so bright and i can't seem to set it. when I do finally get it working and turn off and start another time. they are right back to brillant white which setting? and how to get them to save.
I guess you are speaking about the Optio A30.
If you are not a native English speaker, go first to MENU (button), select Set-Up and switch the language to English, so you can better compare with my suggestions.

After that:
Go to RecMode, then Memory (should be the last point of the second page of RecMode).
There you will find 2 pages with settings, some will be marked, some unmarked.
Any modifications you do while the corresponding points in Memory are marked, will not survive camera switch-off.
Which means, mods to stay must be done while the points are unmarked; after they were done, they have to get marked again.

So, what to do?
  1. Find out what to change to get correct pictures (without switching the camera off in between).
  2. Memorize these settings.
  3. Goto MENU --> RecMode --> Memory, and unmark the settings you want to stay.
  4. Switch the camera off, and on again.
  5. Check whether everything is still o.k. If not, repeat the modifications.
  6. Then go again to MENU --> RecMode --> Memory, and mark the new settings which you want to survive switching off.
Then of course you can go back to any language you are used to.

DONE!
Of course there could be another problem with the camera besides mere setting chaos.

Last edited by RKKS08; 11-09-2015 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Some clearifications; typing