Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Woodward

No Display or Autofocus in any pic mode K-30

Hey guys!

Ok so my Pentax K-30 randomly stopped showing the display, menu, and pic review in all photo modes. The display does not come on when the camera is turned on. I can hit any button under the sun while its in any picture taking mode but the camera display will not come on and the camera will not auto focus. It will still take pictures though. Now--when I put it in movie mode, the display still turns on and shows the viewfinder mode. So I can take videos and the display works. So to me that says there isn't anything actually wrong with the display. Sometimes when the camera is first turned on, the autofocus tries to work in any pic mode--but ultimately gives up. The auto focus works in video mode. My camera hasn't gotten wet, hasn't been dropped, battery is fully charged. Idk guys--any thoughts? It acts like its stuck in some state of transition.

11-09-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It may need a reboot. Like my computer does on occasion. I would try removing the battery for awhile. maybe overnight. then reinstall and see if that works. Just a guess but worth a try
11-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #3
mee
Site Supporter

Is the AE Lock button somehow pinched/stuck? You'd get similar behavior if it is being pressed.