Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
K.H.

film rewind problem

Hi! I think I'm having trouble with how my film is loading into the camera. As I loaded the film, and was cranking it to get it to the first frame, there was a lot of resistance and I could hear cracking noises. However, it only did that for one or two cranks, and then started to advance normally and shoot normally. When I rewound the film, the rewind lever also had way too much resistance and the cracking noises happened, and after a few seconds it went back to normal and easily rewound. When I opened the back up to take my film out, the film had ripped out of the canister and was still wrapped around the take-up spool instead of inside the film canister. Is the camera broken, or have I made a mistake in loading the film? Let me know if a photo would be helpful!

02-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would help if you said which camera.
02-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
It would help if you said which camera.
it's a pentax k1000 slr film camera.
02-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
When you pushed the rewind button on the bottom of the camera before attempting to rewind the film, did the button stay depressed? It sounds like a clutch was still engaged, causing the extreme resistance. Have you removed the (lightstruck) film? Does the beginning of the roll have sprocket damage?