Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
Lazslo837

Pentax K50 Slow

Greetings,

I purchased a K 50 nearly two years ago and love the camera. Recently when I'm taking pictures the camera will take a very long time to clear the viewer (it stays grayed out as if the camera is processing) and in some cases the view finder never clears I have to turn off the camera and or remove the battery to continue taking pictures. I'm using the same memory cards, lenses etc. Any thoughts on howto fix this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

02-22-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How fast are your cards? You'll get the best performance with class 10 cards with a read / write speed of 30 Mb/s or higher (I'd recommend a Sandisk Extreme card).

If you've been using the same cards the whole time, copy your photos to your computer, then format the cards. If that doesn't help, one of them might be going bad and should be replaced.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-22-2016, 02:06 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lazslo837 Quote
... the camera will take a very long time to clear the viewer (it stays grayed out as if the camera is processing) and in some cases the view finder never clears ...
This seems a bit confusing. To which one do you refer, the electronic LCD or the optical viewfinder? If the former, Adam's advice applies. If the latter, you may have a sticky mirror that might need some servicing.
02-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If the memory cards are not the problem you may have a bad diaphragm control block, or aperture control. If so I hope you bought the extended warranty. It sounds similar to what I had fixed under warranty.