Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2016, 02:14 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

The only clear easy answer is to refuse to service foreign-purchased goods; to require goods be serviced in the region in which it was purchased and reserved for under the regions consumer protection laws.

Blame the politicians and the lawyers, not the companies.
I just got my K-1, and the retailer told me that even if the manufacturer specified a twelve month warranty for a camera, they'd likely lose a legal challenge under Australian consumer law.

So the distributor has to figure on a two year window instead, and increase the price appropriately. I'm sure that's another reason for European pricing, aside from all the other factors.

I paid $139 to extend the warranty to six years, BTW ... I'm not going going to be caught out by a version one product!

05-08-2016, 06:40 AM   #17
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Good luck with that one. Ricoh/Pentax Canada will only honor warranty claims for cameras purchased from an authorized Canadian dealer and only if the item is sent to them from within Canada. They have no interest in shipping across borders or having incoming stuff stuck in a customs warehouse somewhere.
Yes this is true. Yet I'd be happy to buy and ship Canada if they would support it. Even if there is an extra 50 dollar fee...