Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2016, 07:47 AM   #1
Dave Handsome

Locked Zoom lever on Pentax X-5

For no apparent reason the zoom lever on my camera(Pentax X-5 Bridge) will not shift to tighten or widen the shot. It was working fine the time before last I used it and then I tried to photo something else it refused to budge. I have changed to fresh batteries in case that was an issue but there was no improvement. Any clues to what the problem is caused by and how to resolve it would be much appreciated.

07-18-2016, 12:01 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dave Handsome Quote
For no apparent reason the zoom lever on my camera(Pentax X-5 Bridge) will not shift to tighten or widen the shot. It was working fine the time before last I used it and then I tried to photo something else it refused to budge. I have changed to fresh batteries in case that was an issue but there was no improvement. Any clues to what the problem is caused by and how to resolve it would be much appreciated.
If the button is physically damaged, you'd need to get it fixed. I can't think of any circumstances in which zooming might be disabled, but do try to reset the camera settings just in case.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: