Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2016, 06:37 AM   #1
Denis McCarthy

K100d Super firmware update

Maybe someone more experienced than myself could help?
I recently replaced the SD card I had previously been using, with a Toshiba 8GB SDHC. The card captured the images OK, but I was unable to upload them to my PC.
I followed the firmware update procedure supplied by Pentax, but the update did not run. Nothing happened when I switched on the camera while pressing the Menu button.
I read somewhere on the forum that the firmware update does not apply to the K100d Super.
Is this correct?
I have asked Ricoh/Pentax how to resolve the problem, but they haven't yet provided an answer.
As I am now getting desperate, I would very much appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.

06-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
No update available

No firmware update for the K100ds was ever issued.
06-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The k100d and k100d super have different firmware. The k100d super always supported SDHC. I wonder if your pc our card reader is unable to handle sdhc.

I own both cameras btw.
06-12-2016, 12:04 PM   #4

Thank you for your assistance.
I will investigate the situation as regards the reader and PC.
It appears, based on my limited use of the forum, that many users are more knowledgeable than Pentax customer support personnel.

05-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Denis McCarthy Quote
Maybe someone more experienced than myself could help?
I recently replaced the SD card I had previously been using, with a Toshiba 8GB SDHC. The card captured the images OK, but I was unable to upload them to my PC.
I followed the firmware update procedure supplied by Pentax, but the update did not run. Nothing happened when I switched on the camera while pressing the Menu button.
I read somewhere on the forum that the firmware update does not apply to the K100d Super.
Is this correct?
I have asked Ricoh/Pentax how to resolve the problem, but they haven't yet provided an answer.
As I am now getting desperate, I would very much appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.
Hi,I have the same problem, did call to service in Prague, he adviced me, try older SDcard( 1GB). I tied 1and 2 giga cards and the same problem occured. just display current version of fw- 1.00, I have downloaded newer version in .bin file on card. Nobody hel to us. Nobody found source of problem.
05-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ujojoe Quote
Hi,I have the same problem, did call to service in Prague, he adviced me, try older SDcard( 1GB). I tied 1and 2 giga cards and the same problem occured. just display current version of fw- 1.00, I have downloaded newer version in .bin file on card. Nobody hel to us. Nobody found source of problem.
There really IS no problem. As stated before, there never was a firmware update for the K100D-Super so there is no "newer version" for you to download. Your camera will not accept firmware that was meant for a different model - be glad and thankful as it would have bricked your camera.
05-16-2017, 08:33 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
There really IS no problem. As stated before, there never was a firmware update for the K100D-Super so there is no "newer version" for you to download. Your camera will not accept firmware that was meant for a different model - be glad and thankful as it would have bricked your camera.
I downloaded from ricoh webpage.
05-16-2017, 11:22 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

I downloaded from ricoh webpage.
You downloaded firmware 1.02 for the Pentax K100D which is a totally different camera than the K100D-Super. There IS NO FIRMWARE for the K100D-Super on the Ricoh webpage, nothing, nada, zilch, niente, nop.

05-18-2017, 07:37 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by corkcityfcpoolie Quote
Thank you for your assistance.
I will investigate the situation as regards the reader and PC.
It appears, based on my limited use of the forum, that many users are more knowledgeable than Pentax customer support personnel.
Did you ever resolve this?

---------- Post added 05-18-17 at 10:40 AM ----------

The original problem was actually that the files were written, but the user couldn't get them into a computer. Mistakenly that user thought the k100 firmware was the way to fix it, not understanding that the k100d super used a different firmware. It sounds like you have made the same mistake. The k100d super has no firmware updates available, none were ever released.