Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
DrRae69

My menu will not stay on long enough to scroll through

I cannot change my White Balance. When I push the button it immediately flashes off, there is no time to change it. When I go to the menu it also immediately flashes off, there's no time to scroll through. Did I accidentally change some timer option that would normally allow me plenty of time to change my options? I cannot figure this out or find help in the manual or elsewhere online.

10-18-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would help if you told which camera?
10-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello DrRae69, and welcome!

Unfortunately this sounds like a camera repair job to me, it isn't normal behaviour. When I press the WB button on any of my Pentax cameras, the back LCD changes to a "Color Temperature" screen and doesn't change until I press ok again in the centre of the 5 button dial.

Regards,

-Nass
10-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be a stuck button, for example the shutter button half-press, which normally pulls you out of the menus.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #5
pjv
Eager To Learn

Photos: Gallery
Do you have a battery grip attached to your camera, and if so, is it turned on? Touching the battery grip shutter button while holding the camera will also turn the menu screen off. Good luck.