Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #1
merccooper

Pentax a3000 frame advance not working

Hi Everyone!

Ive had my pentax a3 for years now with no problems, but recently have had an issue. The frame wont advance with or without film in it. When pressing the shutter, the film will not advance and through the lens it states 1000 in green writing. Ive read around and some have said to check the film contacts inside the chamber and clean them but this has not helped. When the shutter is pressed a clicking noise can be heard in B, 60, and program, but turns off when turned to lock or battery check. I have checked the batteries and they are clean and new, so that is not to issue either. If anyone has any solutions please let me know! Love my little camera.

Nick

11-04-2016, 05:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had the same issue with mine, and that is also how my ZX-M stopped working. Those mechanisms, I am told, are plastic and are known to fail, it's just a matter of time.
My P30t is still working... I wonder how long.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
a3000 frame advance, advance, camera, check, film, frame, issue, pentax, pentax a3000 frame, pentax help, shutter