Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
kristy

what year is my camera?

I picked up this camera from an auction..i don't know that much about camera's so i was wondering if i could get some professional help...this is an all black mg pentax i did not get a manual with it, but i have some numbers on it..after removing removable battery compartment the bottom plate of the camera has asahi opt.co.,japan engraved as well as these numbers 7333355 which are the only numbers i could find on the camera itself. the battery compartment has numbers as well on the top, where you can only see if its removed from the camera, has asahi pentax winder me 1170253 japan on it. can anyone tell me what i have here, year, worth? where i could maybe find a manual?

11-27-2016, 08:30 PM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does it look like the one in the link below?

Pentax MG - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

It says when production date is also.

Others may have more info for you but I hope what I linked to helps you.
11-27-2016, 11:56 PM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
can anyone tell me what i have here, year, worth? where i could maybe find a manual?
You have a consumer-grade auto-exposure Pentax film SLR dating to about 1981. I believe it was available on the market until about 1984. The Winder ME was made from 1976 and was on the market until replaced by the Winder ME II in about 1981. Value would normally be under $30 USD for the body and under $25 USD for the Winder. You did not mention what lens is on the camera. Depending on model, the lens may have more value than the body and winder combined. That being said, your camera is not "normal" in the that the black finish version is very uncommon. If in excellent condition with few scratches and little wear to the finish, it may have additional value to a collector. How much so is hard to say.

The manual for your camera (PDF format) is available for free download at the linked page below. The password to open PDFs from that page is "Pentax":

Pentax Manuals

Steve