Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2016, 03:39 AM   #1
John Gwynn

Pentax Super A with Miranda 70-210 lens

Could anyone advise as to why my Super A is showing an EF error in the righthand window it shows the aperture fine .
I have googled and search the internet without any luck .
Is it down to the lens?
Regards John

11-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you saying...

"EF" in the right hand LCD

- OR -

"EF" in the left hand LCD when aperture is displayed in the right hand LCD

- OR -

Something else?

Neither of the first two are in the camera documentation and probably indicate a broken camera. That being said, "E" in the left LCD with nothing in the right LCD indicates that the aperture ring is on the "A" setting and Shutter dial at other than "Auto".

Edit: I made the common mistake of confusing the Super A with the Program A. (Being in the U.S., I am more familiar with the Super Program label). As noted in edmundrt's comment below, what you are seeing is the exposure compensation reminder.

You can download a PDF copy of the camera manual from:

Pentax Manuals

(password to view the PDF is "Pentax")

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-30-2016 at 11:37 AM.
11-30-2016, 04:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

'EF' in the right hand window on the Super A usually indicates that you have exposure compensation set. Rotate the ring around the rewind knob (without pushing the button that allows you to adjust the ISO) so that the white '1x' mark is centred on the orange arrow to the left of the prism, and the EF should disappear from the display and your exposure will be back to normal!
11-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edmundrt Quote
'EF' in the right hand window on the Super A usually indicates that you have exposure compensation set. Rotate the ring around the rewind knob (without pushing the button that allows you to adjust the ISO) so that the white '1x' mark is centred on the orange arrow to the left of the prism, and the EF should disappear from the display and your exposure will be back to normal!
Dang! Thanks for dropping in!

I got confused about camera model and thought we were talking about the Program A. I actually own the Super Program (Super A) and behavior is as you describe and is documented in the manual. I will revise my comment above.

Steve

11-30-2016, 02:37 PM   #5
John Gwynn

EF message

Many thanks for your replys i havent had chance to try yet , but will give it a go in a couple of days
Regards John