Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
n5tp

Pentax Spotmatic Lenses

Please give model numbers of Pentax Digital cameras which are usable with SLR Pentax Spotmatic lenses.

04-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All DSLRs. So long as you use the correct adapter.
See: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/110658-...x-dslrs-f.html
04-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I love my takumars on my ks2. The m42 adapter to k mount means they work on all k mount.
04-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All of them work. I'd recommend getting the K-30 or newer for proper live view (magniziation, focus peaking, panning).

The K-70 and K-S2 are great cameras for manual lens use thanks to the articulating screens.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

All M42 lenses, whether Pentax or other manufacturers will work on any Pentax dslr with an adapter.

However, the OP may not realize that they will not autofocus. Nor will the camera be able to control the aperture. It won't even close the aperture down at the momenr ot exposure.

As the OP seems to be a Spotmatic user, he/she will not be uncomfortable doing "stop down" metering.

There is a topic, elsewhere in this forum, discussing just this topic: Using Manual Lenses (M42 Screwmount, M , K) on Pentax DSLRs F-- - PentaxForums.com

I love using my 50mm, f/1.4 Super Takumar on my K10d.