Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
moussoro

does pentax K1 has corrosion protection ?

Hi,

I've seached on the web but i've never any occurence of pentax k1 and corrosion protection. Pentax never mentions anything related to corrosion in the pentax k1 brochure. Although it's specifically specified in the many other pentax dslrs (k3, K3 II, K5 II K5 II s ...) never seen anything related to this subject specifically for the numerous internal connectors (I am abviously not talking about the stainless steel chassis). if someone could help...

Regards

04-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The camera is weather sealed, and made of magnesium alloy (not stainless steel), like the other bodies you listed. As long as you treat the camera well and use due diligence, you should be fine

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-16-2017, 05:55 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've had Pentax DSLR cameras for a decade, and use them outdoors on a windy, rainy, snowy, sea-swept island in the frigid North Atlantic. I use my cameras boating, hiking along sea-cliffs and out in weather that is far from fit. Wipe em down, keep em dry when you can, take of your gear. I have never had a corrosion issue with a Pentax. Taking care of your equipment is essential. Back in my army days as a young lad, I'd take care of my rifle in horrid conditions so that it was always in perfect working order - my life depended on it. Keeping a camera ready to shoot is no different. Maintain your kit and corrosion won't happen.
04-17-2017, 01:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by moussoro Quote
mentions anything related to corrosion
Unless you buy dedicated underwater-cameras all equipment from iphone to Canon 1DXII can be killed off in a single day when exposed to saltwater (including spray and mist) and then wait for the corrosion to do its job.
There is no way to way to exclude air humidity from entering the body.
There is no way to protect the internal electronics from corrosion.

Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

04-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by moussoro Quote
Hi,

I've seached on the web but i've never any occurence of pentax k1 and corrosion protection. Pentax never mentions anything related to corrosion in the pentax k1 brochure. Although it's specifically specified in the many other pentax dslrs (k3, K3 II, K5 II K5 II s ...) never seen anything related to this subject specifically for the numerous internal connectors (I am abviously not talking about the stainless steel chassis). if someone could help...

Regards
If this is going to be an issue, you should be purchasing equipment dedicated to tolerating extreme conditions, which pretty much excludes all consumer grade gear.