Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
barbriba

SD card does not click in place and Memory Card Error

I get a memory card Error message, and the SD card does not click in place on my Pentax K2000. This happens no matter which card I attempt to install.

04-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be a broken PR obstructed slot. Have you checked for debris?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-03-2017, 05:17 AM   #3

Hi,
Try inserting the SD card far enough for it to properly lock into place. You can use your fingernail or the side of a coin to push the card in until you hear a clicking sound.
Remember that the SD card label should be facing you when you insert it.
Last but not the least try to blow air into the SD card slot and then try inserting it.If this still doesn’t help you out then perhaps it’s either a product design or a manufacturing defect.
I Hope You Find this Useful.