Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
Dante

żLight seals? Lines in negative - ME Super

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my ME Super, i got it a couple of years ago, it used to belong to my grandfather. After having it serviced (the mirror was locked up due to high humidity) I shot 10 rolls with it, and i never had a problem. Its a really beautifull camera.

In the last roll i took, after having it developed (in the same place as the previous ones) I noticed a strange line pattern on the negative, starting betwen exposures 1 and 2. In the point where the lines start the negative is sligthly bent. The line pattern goes from the top to the bottom of the negative.

I don´t know if it´s a problem with the ME´s light seals (i heard it´s quite common), the roll of film, or the developing process.

I will put links to photos of exposures 1/2, and after. also a photo of the "bend" in the negative.

Exposures 1/2:
imgur. com /uiiH5KH

After exposures 1/2 (untill the end of the roll):
imgur. com /84sISFv

"Bend":
imgur. com /yLcKMy4

I would really apreciate any information, i really love the camera, since i started using it i really started to apreciate photography. I would like to know if the problem is with it, as i intend to start a photography course wich includes developing, and i fear the same problem may continue.

Thanks for all the information in the forum, i really apreciate it, and will sure make an account soon. Also, sorry if my english is not so good, I´m from Argentina.

07-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Exposures 1/2:
imgur. com /uiiH5KH

After exposures 1/2 (untill the end of the roll):
imgur. com /84sISFv

"Bend":
imgur. com /yLcKMy4
Your links are malformed. I believe these may be what was intended:

Exposures 1/2

After exposures 1/2 (untill the end of the roll)

Bend

I vote for the film not being properly loaded and/or missing pressure plate on the film door as part of what is going on. I believe the lines are probably due to poor processing.

Steve
07-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
Dante

Thanks Steve!

Yes, thats what I tougth, I don´t think I loaded it incorrectily thoug,and the pressure plate is absolutely fine.
I will try a ney roll and see what hapens, also i will change to another lab. Thanks for also correcting the links!