Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2017, 08:52 AM   #1
Darroll

noise around pictures taken in bright sun

when taking pictures in full sun, bright objects break up into small white dashes

10-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #2

Do you mean on the screen at the back of the camera or in the actual picture files?
If the first, it is actual the overexposure warning telling you that these parts of the picture will be too bright to show lots of detail since one (or more) color channels will be saturated. This will not show in the actual pictures.
If the second, I donÄt know. Please post example pictures.

Rgds,
Gerd.
10-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be flare or ghosting. Please post a sample.

Also, to mitigate this try varying the angle of the light source, or use a lens with better aberration handling (primes often outperform zooms).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: