Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
D.A.

s-12 turns off imediately

never had any problems whatsoever then today I put the recharged battery in the camera it turns on the lense opens then closes shut /shuts down .
It's supposed to hold a 3.7 volt charge my meter reads 10.0 ? WTF?

12-04-2017, 03:06 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
D-LI68 Lithium-Ion battery - Google Search

---------- Post added 12-04-17 at 05:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D.A. Quote
never had any problems whatsoever then today I put the recharged battery in the camera it turns on the lense opens then closes shut /shuts down .
It's supposed to hold a 3.7 volt charge my meter reads 10.0 ? WTF?
1) If it really is 10v - I'm stunned it hasn't exploded or caught fire. Are you sure you have the range set correctly or perhaps is it autoranging and that's 1v or so?

2) buy another battery and test. That camera is from 2008 or so. The battery is tired.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, camera, lithium-ion, pentax help