Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
d.stone

using manual focus lenses

how do I use manual lenses with a k70 .I cant find the aperture ring control to turn it on.

09-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's at the end of the custom function tab of the main menu. Here are the detailed instructions:

How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-30, etc) - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by d.stone Quote
how do I use manual lenses with a k70 .I cant find the aperture ring control to turn it on.
I'd suggest you buy the K-70 ebook. It's a wealth of information.
09-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No need to buy the ebook Ricoh has it online .

09-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kernos Quote
No need to buy the ebook Ricoh has it online .
Not this one, which is much more informative than the user manual.

Instantly download your Pentax eBook! (K-1, K-70,K-3, K-5, K-50, K-S2 and more DSLRs) - PentaxForums.com
09-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

First I agree that the ebook is fantastic. I got a copy of the K-3 one and the K-50 one for my dad when he was shooting and it helped him a lot. Second I also agree that the information needed to answer the first person was posted by Adam and the user manual is adequate for a lot of people's needs. So if the OP wants a great manual - buy the ebook - if you just need a quick reference - use the pdf and read the link Adam sent.
09-22-2018, 06:51 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As with anything, practice makes perfect. I'd gotten out of the habit of using manual focus and other manual settings. Now, I'm relearning them in order to get the results that I am looking for. In the end, if I miss a "perfect" shot, I want it to be my mistake, not because the camera's settings did not meet my desired outcome.

You might try the "Catch In Focus" function, it can be frustrating at first, but I feel it has improved my ability to determine when something is in focus.