Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
Robert Mills

Proper memory card

I Have purchased 4 different memory cards for my Pentax model istD camera, I keep getting a Memory Error with each card, the last card I purchased by going to the Pentax web page and purchased the so-called correct card, What can I do to make them usablr?

10-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #2

Make sure that the firmware is up to date.
My first guess is that the cards have too much memory for the camera. When the ist series was on the scene so to speak max card size was I believe 4 gb. Anything larger than that won't work.
10-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by spinno Quote
Make sure that the firmware is up to date.
My first guess is that the cards have too much memory for the camera. When the ist series was on the scene so to speak max card size was I believe 4 gb. Anything larger than that won't work.
Yes - even with the latest firmware, the max card capacity is 4 gb.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, card, memory, pentax, pentax help