Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
Edgar Martin

firmaware update

Hi I have a Pentax K7 with the original firmware (1.0) I downloaded the k7_113w.EXE file and extracted the fwdc204b.bin file to the SD/SDHC card but when I turn on the camera pressing MENU at the same time, the screen says the same: PENTAX K-7 VER:1.0. Why I can't update the firmware?Thanks

11-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome

perhaps this might help

Pentax Firmware Update Guide
A video with step-by-step instructions on updating your firmware
By PF Staff in Tutorial Videos on Feb 8, 2014
Upgrading your camera's firmware carries many benefits, ranging from feature additions to new accessory support to bug fixes and performance improvements. If you're familiar with transferring files to a SD memory card using your computer, you'll have no trouble upgrading your firmware on your own.
The video below is our step-by-step firmware update guide. For the latest firmware update information and download links, visit our firmware homepage.

Read more at: Pentax Firmware Update Guide - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

Firmware Updates | PentaxForums.com
11-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Which computer OS are you using to extract the file and transfer it to the SD card? Macs can sometimes alter the filename, so it may be worthwhile checking that the filename in the card is the same as the extracted file is supposed to be. What you describe suggests the camera is not recognising the filename.