Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
Howard Bricker

Pentax K-X firmware update

where/how to get firmware update for Pentax K-X.

11-16-2018, 04:36 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Here's the link for the firmware (you can just install v1.03 which also adds the changes of v1.01 and v1.02):
Latest K-x Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

Here's a guide on how to do it:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/tutorial-videos/pentax-firmware-update-guide.html
10-19-2019, 05:22 AM   #3

Hello, I am trying to update firmware on my new to me K-x. It currently has version 1.00. I followed the instructions, formatted an sd card, downloaded the 1.03 firmware from the Ricoh Pentax site, placed the sd card in the camera, turned the camera on while simultaneously pressing the menu button . Nothing updates, the screen shows ver. 1.00. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any suggestions.
10-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gofishn48 Quote
Hello, I am trying to update firmware on my new to me K-x. It currently has version 1.00. I followed the instructions, formatted an sd card, downloaded the 1.03 firmware from the Ricoh Pentax site, placed the sd card in the camera, turned the camera on while simultaneously pressing the menu button . Nothing updates, the screen shows ver. 1.00. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any suggestions.
Usually the firmeware updates come zipped up. Did you unzip the firmware file and put it in the root (top level) of the SD card?

10-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #5

Thanks for everyone’s help. No I didn’t unzip the file, not sure what that is 😊. We no longer own a computer (we try to do everything on our iPhones) so I’ll need to go back to the library and try again. I’ll be sure to look at the video as suggested. Thank you.