Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
Chris JC

Can't review pics

Hi- When I take pics with the pentaprism, the pics are too dark to review on the LCD.. But when I take pics using Live View, they are perfect when I review on the LCD. Setting the same for both types of pics.
How can I make review pics brighter for review when I take pic with the pentaprism. Thanks for any help.

12-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris JC Quote
Hi- When I take pics with the pentaprism, the pics are too dark to review on the LCD.. But when I take pics using Live View, they are perfect when I review on the LCD. Setting the same for both types of pics.
How can I make review pics brighter for review when I take pic with the pentaprism. Thanks for any help.
Check the metering mode- it's possible you've selected spot or center-weighted metering when shooting through the viewfinder, which can result in unexpected underexposure.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You can always post an example of each so we can take a look at the exif info if it's something in your settings that's causing this.
12-24-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris JC Quote
Did you have a very bright light behind you ?