Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-27-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
teamrums

Pentax auto 110 super slr - film advance lever is stuck need advice

I just received an old Pentax auto 110 super camera, replaced all batteries, loaded 110 film, then realized the advance lever is stuck. I placed the auto winder on the camera and it failed to wind the film also. The film is lomo new cartridge. I removed the bottom of the camera to see if anything looked suspicious then tried removing the top but can not figure out how to remove the advance lever to get the top off. Googled and searched you tube for the answer but didn't see anything that looked close. There doesn't appear to have any screws to loosen it so I can remove the top. Any ideas? Thank you so much for your help!

12-29-2018, 09:32 PM   #2

Will the wind lever work with no film in it? Will it move out to 90 degrees from the back. Is the shutter stuck partly open? Not much to go wrong mechanically. I have the non super 110. I am guessing the linkage to the cog which advances the film is in the base of the body.
Did you see this: Pentax Auto 110 Repair Manual
12-31-2018, 10:15 AM   #3
teamrums

Thank you for your reply! The lever does not work with film or without film. I will take a look at the manual and see if I can figure it out. It moves about 30 degrees and that is it.
01-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #4

any luck on this ?
i have a super too and has the same problem, the shutter doesn't take the shot!
i was suspecting it did need the film in to work, but it is not that, anyway seems to be a common issue with the the super version.
i manage to wind the roll until number 1, then nothing, it doesn't shoot....
i managed to shoot mine a couple of times... out of nothing ... just shoot after some seconds ... it might be something with the shutter, maybe the batteries? does it need expensive alcalines to work properly?

03-19-2021, 09:25 PM - 1 Like   #5

To take the top off the camera and fix a stuck wind on lever:

1. Put the mode setting dial into lock (L).
2. You need a small flathead screwdriver. The round plastic button inside where the wind on lever fits should be gently pried off. It is click fitted and you might break it doing this but you can re-attached with a little light glue or even blue tac so you can get it off again. Under there are the two screws holding the wind lever onto the body. Take those out and keep them separate as they are different from the other top screws.
3. Unscrew the two screws on either side of the eyepiece.
4. Unscrew the three screws on the top of the body.
5. The top cover can now be lifted off.
6. as you gently rock the stuck lever, look at the front of the mechanism on top of the body. There's a metal tab that can get in the way and jam the lever. Gently wriggle that tab as you also gently rock the wind on lever. That should sort it out.
If it doesn't; you'll need to go deeper than I have.
04-01-2022, 11:52 PM   #6
Mrclean0

I just fixed this problem

1)remove the auto winder from the bottom
2) open up back
3) hold down the shutter button
4) while holding the button, touch the bottom slide of the shutter inside (inside the little frame)
5) it should close the shutter and let you move the winder

Btw I'm new so I'm not good with terminology but hey at least I found out how to fix it lmao
03-24-2023, 11:41 AM   #7
rosierosierosie

Auto 110 and auto 110 super difference

2. You need a small flathead screwdriver. The round plastic button inside where the wind on lever fits should be gently pried off. It is click fitted and you might break it doing this but you can re-attached with a little light glue or even blue tac so you can get it off again. Under there are the two screws holding the wind lever onto the body. Take those out and keep them separate as they are different from the other top screws.
6. as you gently rock the stuck lever, look at the front of the mechanism on top of the body. There's a metal tab that can get in the way and jam the lever. Gently wriggle that tab as you also gently rock the wind on lever. That should sort it out.

For anyone who has the auto 110, the cap that fits on the wind lever is not a plastic click on/off, it is a metal screw cap... Don't put a flat head under and try to prize it off or it will scratch and bend the metal...as I have just done to mine.. Just unscrew

04-28-2023, 04:49 PM   #8
compredador

For anyone who has the auto 110, the cap that fits on the wind lever is not a plastic click on/off, it is a metal screw cap... Don't put a flat head under and try to prize it off or it will scratch and bend the metal...as I have just done to mine.. Just unscrew

how do you unscrew the cap in the winder?