Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
Ron Sturgess

Asahiflex lens hood

I have a near mint Asahiflex 58mm f/2.4 lens hood which I intend to sell on ebay--I note the only one currently advertised has the writing on it visible from the side---mine has the writing just above the thread and can only be read from the back. Can someone tell me the dates of each issue? I was told when I bought the lens (no. 72970) many years ago that the hood came with the camera.
It comes in a near mint leather case, but it may not be original as it has imprint on it that looks like AIG.
Would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Ron

08-31-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The imprint might be AOCo. - Asahi Optical Co. - and the O can be pretty narrow.
09-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The imprint might be AOCo. - Asahi Optical Co. - and the O can be pretty narrow.
Thanks for clearing up the case writing--I assume now it is the original. Since I signed it as a guest I have made a donation so am now a member. The lens hood is as brand new
except that a small area on the front of the rim has the paint missing---easily repairable I would think. I can see no damage to the case.

When I get more organised I will list it in Market Place---any idea what it would be valued at?
Thanks for your help
09-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ronno Quote
Thanks for clearing up the case writing--I assume now it is the original. Since I signed it as a guest I have made a donation so am now a member. The lens hood is as brand new
except that a small area on the front of the rim has the paint missing---easily repairable I would think. I can see no damage to the case.

When I get more organised I will list it in Market Place---any idea what it would be valued at?
Thanks for your help
they’re hard to price. EBay sales depend on the chance that someone who wants the hood happens to be looking the week you list it, so you have risk listing as a traditional Auction. OTOH, if you list it BIN you might need to relist for weeks before someone lucks in to it.

Listing here for a couple weeks first might be faster. I think I would have an interest (I have the lens but not the hood) so I’d have a conflict if I suggested a price

09-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Thanks and I perfectly understand your reasons for not giving a value. You have been my only reply to date, so I don't know if this is going out to to you privately or to everyone which is what I intended.

Here's a conundrum for you . I have 4 filters which fit the 58mm f/2.4 ens, unbranded, but looking like the Asahiflex marked ones--after research I understand them to be 40.3mm thread, but I also have a filter with the brand 'eight and 40.5' which also screws smoothly on to the lens, but won't screw into any of the 40.3mm ones. It defies logic

Hope you don't feel I am pestering you.
thanks
Ron