Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-09-2020, 05:41 PM   #1
cableguy139

k100d firmware link doesnt work

i've been reading the reports of a firmware update for the k100d as i am on my last 2GB SD card but the link doesnt work.

any help would be good

Thanks

03-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can get the update here:
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-09-2020, 06:05 PM   #3
Cableguy139

k100d-firmware-link-do

there is only a link for windows xp/ME no other ink
03-09-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cableguy139 Quote
i've been reading the reports of a firmware update for the k100d as i am on my last 2GB SD card but the link doesnt work.

any help would be good

Thanks
The link on this page works: Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

03-09-2020, 06:09 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Cableguy139 Quote
Just use that one if you're on windows, as it should run on any newer version.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-09-2020, 06:21 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cableguy139 Quote
That link works fine. You need to tell your Windows 10 machine to run the program with admin privileges and run it in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME. The two files you need, the FWDC156B.BIN and README.TXT files will then auto-extract. I've just tested it. It works.
03-09-2020, 08:15 PM   #7
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The file will work, but Windows 10 has additional restrictions in running unsigned packages. Do This:
  • Download the file.
  • Do not extract the files - just download - open the folder after downloading.
    Your browser should tell you that the file has been downloaded - open the folder - not the file.
  • Right click on the downloaded file and click properties - located at the bottom of the right click dialogue box.
  • Select the radio button on the bottom of the properties labeled "Unblock".
  • Close the properties dialogue box.
  • Extract the file as outlined in the instructions. i.e. right click on the file and select extract files.
  • Copy the extracted .bin file to a SD card's root.
  • Run the update function on the camera body as outlined in the instructions.

This is not rocket science, it is standard Windows functions since Windows 8. You do not need to run a extract function as a member of the Administrator group. This file will not do anything to modify Windows.

Last edited by PDL; 03-09-2020 at 08:22 PM.