Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
Muhammad Cheema

Memory card error

Hello, My camera is showing memory card error, I have fully charged batteries, installed latest firmware, and read many articles, but my camera is still not working. I have inserted in my computer just to make sure that the memory card works. Please help me and reply ASAP.

Thank You !

04-21-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What card and what camera?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you tried formatting the card in the camera?
04-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Muhammad Cheema Quote
Hello, My camera is showing memory card error, I have fully charged batteries, installed latest firmware, and read many articles, but my camera is still not working. I have inserted in my computer just to make sure that the memory card works. Please help me and reply ASAP.

Thank You !
Any time I've had that problem, I've had to do a deep format (as opposed to the quick format) on the computer and then format it again in camera. Note that if you don't format in camera the card will likely give errors. For some reason, cameras like to format their own cards.

04-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Is the camera compatible with the card capacity ?
04-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Is the camera compatible with the card capacity ?
Good question. Given the lack of information the OP has given, it's entirely possible that he doesn't have a compatible card. For someone who want's help ASAP, the OP is starting to look like a drive by.