Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #1
Taher Ahmad

Manufacture Defect

My name "Taher Ahmad" from the State of Kuwait. I am a regular customer of Pentax cameras since 2015 when I purchase first camera "K-5 IIs" & "K-3 in 2017".
Lately, I have purchase "Pentax K-1 Limited Silver " in December 2019.
Unfortunately, I noticed came across two defects after using this camera they are.
1- The focus of the camera is very soft not like my previous cameras which I mentioned above I tried different lenses on this camera but the result was the same!.
2- The camera handgrip is loose when I holding the camera gives a peculiar sound that I find not normal.
Kindly, guide me on what action should I take.

10-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since it sounds like there might be a physical problem with the camera, the best thing would be to file a warranty claim and send the camera in to the service center referenced in the paperwork that came with it (the warranty is good for 1 year in most markets, and 2 years in Europe). That might be one of the European locations, or a local shop. I'd contact Ricoh to seek guidance on this if needed.

It's also possible that there's nothing wrong with the camera. It's normal for there to be a "clunk" sound coming from the SR mechanism when the camera is not in use. It is a bit louder with the K-1, since it has a larger sensor. Also, as for the softness, please do create an account and share some sample photos. It's possible that the increased resolution is giving the illusion of softness, or that there's an issue with the lens/technique.

Edit: discussion continued below
Manufacturer Defect - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread