Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2021, 01:29 PM   #1
Karl Schmid

Sport Optics Repair needed for Pentax PF80EDA Scope Body

I purchased a Pentax PF80EDA scope with eyepiece in December 2009. The Pentax Zoom Eyepiece 8-24 mm was replace under warranty in Jan 2019 after submitting the eyepiece for repair or replacement in October, 2018. It took Precision Camera & Video that long to resolve the situation. They would not communicate with me or reply to my scores of messages for all that time. The Vice President of Customer Services & Business development even refused to accept a certified mail, return receipt letter I sent him requesting status information on the delay. Absolutely the worst organization I have ever had to deal with in my 75 years and I do not want to have to go through that nightmare with that company again even if they are the only repair shop available. Now here is my new problem with that particular scope's body.
Something has apparently come loose inside the body compartment where the focus control knob is located. It sounds like it could be a loose nut rattling around. I need to have this item repaired and do not want to try to do it myself.
Looking for a reputable company to handle this repair. It probably should be covered by my warranty.
I get a 404 Form message every time I try to download the Pentax Sports Optics Repair Request Form mentioned in earlier correspondence from those on this forum.
Precision does not even have a link for that form on its site.
I have always had wonderful Pentax products, excellent binoculars & cameras. The scope has also been excellent except for the 2 problems mentioned.

02-04-2021, 02:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So sorry you had that experience. I don’t have anything to offer but my best wishes.
02-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see that the sport optics repair form indeed seems to have been taken down. Have you tried calling precision at this number?

1-800-234-0276

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-04-2021, 06:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Just spotted this link :

Repair report - good experience with NSB-Tekunos repair - PentaxForums.com

No idea if they handle other optics as well as lenses, but it might be worth asking.

Good luck anyway.

02-05-2021, 12:33 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
So sorry you had that experience. I don’t have anything to offer but my best wishes.
I was hoping for possible leads to different repair centers for Pentax Sports Optics other than Precision Camera. I have only had horrendous experience with them regarding a previous repair issue on this scope. Apparently they may good with Pentax cameras but are horrendous with Pentax Sport Optics like binoculars & scopes. Thanks for the good wishes and possible lead.
02-05-2021, 12:34 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Thanks. I understand.