Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2021, 04:08 PM   #1
jon woolf

ME repair

Hi all- I just picked up a couple of ME's in a purchase. On both, I cannot move the rotating knob that surrounds the shutter release. And on one, I cannot advance the winder and thus, trigger the shutter. Are tyhey worth tearing into? How hard is it to remove the top plate? Thaks for any info.

05-31-2021, 09:26 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jon woolf Quote
Hi all- I just picked up a couple of ME's in a purchase. On both, I cannot move the rotating knob that surrounds the shutter release. And on one, I cannot advance the winder and thus, trigger the shutter. Are tyhey worth tearing into? How hard is it to remove the top plate? Thaks for any info.
If I recall correctlly, that "rotating knob" turns the camera on and off.
In what condition is the battery compartment {on the bottom - lid is removable by using a small coin}?
This is the biggest issue - if it is corroded, I would give up on them.

added: photo of appropriate area on my similar "Super Program"

Last edited by reh321; 05-31-2021 at 09:50 AM.