Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #1
natalie yablon

Pentax Zoom 105-R Not Capturing Photos on the Film

I recently bought a used Pentax Zoom 105-R camera and have gone through a little less than 10 rolls of film on it that turned out great. I loaded a new roll and thought that the photos were being captured (the digital number would increase as normal with each shot), but when I turned my camera on the next day I noticed it sounded like it was reengaging my film and acted like I had just put a new roll in. I have rewound and tried again a few times, but it keeps repeating the above process and not capturing any images on the film itself.

Not sure if this is a common problem, or even an easy fix. I don't feel like paying for an entire diagnostic at a camera store either, I'd rather just buy a new camera for a similar price. I've been having problems over and over again with my film cameras, so I'd like to get to the bottom of this one before reinvesting in yet another camera. Any pointers will be appreciated. Thank you!!

Best,
Natalie

07-21-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Natalie and welcome.
It sounds as if the film is not being advanced. Is the film end bent / folded in any way? I know it can help to straighten the end of the film, make sure it's far enough onto the sprockets and ensure it's engaged.
It can, of course, be that it's simply that, or it could be that there's a more substantial problem.
If the camera is toast, then I would suggest looking out for a good SLR camera as that will allow you to get more from your photography than a camera with an integrated lens.
There are many good secondhand Pentax SLR film cameras that would be good.
Kind regards,
Mark
07-22-2021, 08:45 AM   #3

thank you

Natalie here with an account now. Thank you for that. It is appearing a bit bent a couple inches in. I tried flattening it and even trying other rolls but that doesn't seem to do the trick. I think I will have to get a new one after I at least attempt to have someone at a local store look at it.