Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2021, 05:18 PM   #1
Johnie

Spotmatic Film camera

Hi I have just taken my camera out of storage after ten years, changed the battery but there is a compete black out through the view finder, yes the lens cap is off, complete black out, have put switch up but nothing, any ideas.

08-13-2021, 06:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello,

Most likely the mirror is stuck in the up position. A common issue after long term storage due to dried lubrication. It most likely needs service.

Thanks,
Ismael
08-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #3

Take off the lens and check the mirror. Strange that it had been stored in up position after you last fired the shutter and did not return to the down position.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, pentax help, spotmatic film