Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2022, 05:05 AM   #1
MarkP

Rechargeable or not rechargeable?

Recently I bought used Pentax K-500 camera. The date and time disappears after battery change. At eBay there is a compatible(???) battery SEIKO MS621FE FL11E

There was said it is rechargeable. How can it to be charged? Replacing it is outside my skills and having done at a service it is too expensive, costs more than the buying price. If it can not be recharged, I have time to set the date and time every single battery change. But if someone knows way to solve the problem, I am gratefully.

06-15-2022, 05:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Replacing it require special skills so if you dont have it, forget it.

It charges when the camera is turned on, but it has to be turned on continously for days to charge from 0 to 100%. It will eventually charge if you use your camera. If it stays unused, it will discharge.

---------- Post added 15-06-22 at 14:21 ----------

Tutorial: Change Back-up Battery Pentax K-30, K-50, K-500 - PentaxForums.com
06-15-2022, 06:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some people have had luck rejuvenating the back up batteries but I can’t recall the method. Maybe someone who recalls can add that info to help you.
06-16-2022, 07:43 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Some people have had luck rejuvenating the back up batteries but I can’t recall the method. Maybe someone who recalls can add that info to help you.
I tried on my old K3. Unfortunately, it had sat with no main battery for several years and the now dead internal battery would not take a charge.
Word to the wise: don't let these cameras sit for any length of time with no main battery in the compartment and make sure the battery is taken out and charged every few months if the camera is going to sit.

06-17-2022, 11:12 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I tried on my old K3. Unfortunately, it had sat with no main battery for several years and the now dead internal battery would not take a charge.
Word to the wise: don't let these cameras sit for any length of time with no main battery in the compartment and make sure the battery is taken out and charged every few months if the camera is going to sit.
How long did you leave a newly charged battery in it to ‘recharge the internals’?