Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2022, 12:50 PM   #1
Thipp5
Guest




double blurred images after screen replacement

I use a Pentax k70 which has worked great until I cracked the display screen. I had it replaced and now when I take a picture the first image is clear, then the next few images are all ghosted and blurred. Can someone help me understand what is happening before I talk to the repair facility? I tried different lenses and it happens with each lens.
Thank you

11-20-2022, 12:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 51,165
Check the drive mode- it might have inadvertently been set to multiple exposures.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-20-2022, 01:06 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,775
QuoteOriginally posted by Thipp5 Quote
I use a Pentax k70 which has worked great until I cracked the display screen. I had it replaced and now when I take a picture the first image is clear, then the next few images are all ghosted and blurred. Can someone help me understand what is happening before I talk to the repair facility? I tried different lenses and it happens with each lens.
Thank you
Does this stay consistent when you review the images or is the first image reviewed clear and anything after doubled? Try reviewing and stop on a doubles image and leave it off and review again in an hour.

If itís literally only impacting the recording how long between shots is required for it to reset?
11-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #4
Thipp5
Guest




double blurred images

I broke the screen, it wasn't dropped. I had set the camera under my car seat and when the seat moved forward is trashed my screen. I do not know if any other damage was done at that time as I could no longer see images on my screen. However the camera had been working fine with very little use. A reputable company had it for repair and I just got it back this weekend. I took one shot and it was fine took second image not clear. Does this have to do with replacing the screen do you know?

---------- Post added 11-20-2022 at 01:40 PM ----------

It seems to take about 8 seconds to reset and get a clear image again

11-20-2022, 01:54 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,775
QuoteOriginally posted by Thipp5 Quote
I broke the screen, it wasn't dropped. I had set the camera under my car seat and when the seat moved forward is trashed my screen. I do not know if any other damage was done at that time as I could no longer see images on my screen. However the camera had been working fine with very little use. A reputable company had it for repair and I just got it back this weekend. I took one shot and it was fine took second image not clear. Does this have to do with replacing the screen do you know?

---------- Post added 11-20-2022 at 01:40 PM ----------

It seems to take about 8 seconds to reset and get a clear image again
If you put the card into the computer does that stay true? Is the image thatís blurred also blurred when viewed on the v computer?
11-20-2022, 02:06 PM   #6
Thipp5
Guest




double blurred images

yes it remains blurred, double images etc on my computer. Do you think it has anything to do with the repair or do you think something else was damaged when I initially broke the screen? I can not believe they repaired this screen and never saw what was happening.
11-20-2022, 02:45 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampstead, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,045
The screen should have nothing to do with the images that are captured. If it was not on multi exposure as Adam suggested, something else may have been damaged in the incident. I'm wondering if it could be the shake reduction mechanism, or even if the sensor was jarred. Have you tried photos with and without SR?

11-20-2022, 02:49 PM   #8
Thipp5
Guest




double blurred images

Problem solved. Adam I checked for single shooting mode and it looked like it was set properly but I decided to set all programs to default and now it is working so something was set from there end. Thank goodness with both of you helping me, I was able to get things back in working order. Thanks so much.
11-21-2022, 07:00 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,775
QuoteOriginally posted by Thipp5 Quote
Problem solved. Adam I checked for single shooting mode and it looked like it was set properly but I decided to set all programs to default and now it is working so something was set from there end. Thank goodness with both of you helping me, I was able to get things back in working order. Thanks so much.
Always nice to hear the problem is resolved.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, image, images, images after screen, pentax help, screen, seat
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking a picture and getting blurred images... Blackink Pentax K-30 & K-50 9 12-31-2020 03:06 PM
K3 Issue - Photo Overlays Prior Photo Resulting in Double or Blurred Images mwilky55 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 07-03-2019 03:12 PM
Focus problems - display screen in focus result blurred Phillean Pentax K-01 9 01-16-2013 04:53 AM
Nature Double Double-banded plover groom Kailash Photo Critique 3 02-04-2011 01:20 PM
Blurred images using flash (difficult problem) Eric Seavey Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 08-04-2010 12:29 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top