Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-15-2023, 11:11 AM   #1
Charles199

Slow taking pictures

My K-S1 is beeping 8 times before a picture is taken after I press the shutter release button

01-15-2023, 11:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do you have the Self-Timer turned on? Drive mode set to self-timer allows time to run in front of the camera to be in the picture.
01-15-2023, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ditto. If your K-S1 is like the K-1, it's easy to bump the four-way control on the back and send it to beep beep land. On the K-1, there is a small lockout button just above and to the right of the four-way (actually it switches modes to where the four-way won't make the camera enter self-timer if it's accidentally pressed)
01-15-2023, 03:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Select the right button of the four way controller on the back of the camera (far right button to the right of OK). Set it back to "single frame shooting". Self timer is for shooting on a tripod.

01-15-2023, 04:43 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had things like this happen to me. Embarrassing but part of life if yer gonna' do new stuff! So keep doing new stuff!

That said, this kinda' reminds me of the old apocryphal support call for a "broken extruding coffee holder" on an old desktop machine! (.....................CD holder...get it?!)

MY nemesis is forgetting to reset things after doing multiple shots to cream water flows. You end up with some pretty weird multiple exposures till you catch on to what you've (not) done.

Last edited by jgnfld; 01-15-2023 at 04:51 PM.
01-17-2023, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
I've had things like this happen to me. Embarrassing but part of life if yer gonna' do new stuff! So keep doing new stuff!

That said, this kinda' reminds me of the old apocryphal support call for a "broken extruding coffee holder" on an old desktop machine! (.....................CD holder...get it?!)

MY nemesis is forgetting to reset things after doing multiple shots to cream water flows. You end up with some pretty weird multiple exposures till you catch on to what you've (not) done.

Speaking of that, just yesterday I saw a short video by a Pentaxian (I forgot his name), reminding us to reset the camera to its usual settings after doing anything unusual. That way, if a sudden opportunity pops up, you can grab your camera and get the shot, unless you’ve left the camera in some odd mode, like interval shooting, for example, in which case you’re out of luck.