Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 110 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #46
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To make simply SMALLEST camera with interchangeable lenses is not big achievement...
It's not achievement at all...
Pentax Q has NOTHING that could makes photographers happy...

The user of Pentax Q must clean sensor...None from P&S camera's users make it before...

Last edited by ogl; 06-22-2011 at 07:29 PM.
06-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #47
ogl
Banned

06-22-2011, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

Cute? Maybe to a 14-year-old Japanese girl. I think it's butt-ugly with no technical reason to exist for anyone serious about photography. And if you're not serious about photography, you're not going to bother with interchangeable lenses. An iPhone or a happy-snap subcompact will do it - or possibly a superzoom P&S for vacations.

Gad, I hope this little project isn't going to damage Pentax in any meaningful way. Are we sure this isn't some kind of joke? Since the formal announcement hasn't happened yet as I type this... part of me still thinks Pentax may be pulling a big fake-out on all of us.
06-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #49
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Cute? Maybe to a 14-year-old Japanese girl. I think it's butt-ugly with no technical reason to exist for anyone serious about photography. And if you're not serious about photography, you're not going to bother with interchangeable lenses. An iPhone or a happy-snap subcompact will do it. Gad, I hope this little project isn't going to damage Pentax in any meaningful way.
Yes. I'm with you. +1000000

06-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
This has to be some kind of sick joke, but alas, it doesn't look like it.
06-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #51
ogl
Banned

If they really make fish-eye lens for Pentax Q - it's really nonsense.
New P&S cameras has fish-eye effect with in-camera soft (filters)...To buy additional lens for this is absurd...
06-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #52
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by SyntheticDreamer Quote
This has to be some kind of sick joke, but alas, it doesn't look like it.
I've never seen such toy-style and ugly mechanism to rise flash...

Even through Hoya will offer EVIL with APC-S sensor later, this Q system will stay the most ridiculous system in the digital era...It's a pity.

Maybe Hoya discharged all old Pentax camera's engineers? It looks like the work of first/second year student..

06-22-2011, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #53
Veteran Member

Let's just wait and see what kind of images it can produce...
06-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Agree about the ugly.

But putting aside the aesthetics, just the ergonomics seems strange. Mode dial on the right corner edge of the camera, where it might easily be moved or bumped. Shutter button so protuberant above the camera body where it may also easily be bumped. Shutter button awkwardly located in between two dials, and perhaps a bit too far in. The awkward to rotate rotary knob on the left hand front of the body. And what does that second rotary knob behind the mode dial do?

This seems like the sort of camera you really need to see and play with in the flesh to see if it works or not. Maybe in the hand all the design choices Pentax made actually make sense.

It also seems like the design of the Q was outsourced to someone. There is not much Pentax design heritage evident in this at all.
06-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #55
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Let's just wait and see what kind of images it can produce...
is it joke? don't you know what kind of IQ 12 MP 1/2.33" Sony BSI sensor produce? Worse than your GF-1. Much worse.

Last edited by ogl; 06-22-2011 at 08:18 PM.
06-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #56
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
If that is true, then can we really expect Pentax to release a full frame DSLR on top of all this and with a bunch of reengineered FA lenses. How many ranges of lenses can one manufacturer with the market share of Pentax maintain?
There is no FF in Pentax's future at the present time. Do you have any idea the cost of reengineering lenses ... not going to happen !!!!

If you want FF, go the the 645 or another system. Pentax is interested in making money and very few folks want FF. I for one don't, but that is MHO.

Technology has come a long way the past couple of years ..... don't use the old school 35mm as a standard, as it is not. Digital is not film and can't be judged as such.

wll
06-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Hey, we agree Pentax is not going FF in the near future, that was the whole point of my post
06-22-2011, 08:30 PM - 1 Like   #58
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

don't you know what kind of IQ 12 MP 1/2.33" Sony BSI sensor produce?
If you have seen an image produced by this sensor, why don't you post it here to show us how bad it really is. Otherwise, all of your emotive disgust over this camera and mount is not only unsubstantiated, but also meaningless.
06-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #59
Veteran Member

I've never seen such toy-style and ugly mechanism to rise flash...
I guess you haven't seen the Sony FA-EX1S Flash Extender for NEX series cameras.
06-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #60
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
If you have seen an image produced by this sensor, why don't you post it here to show us how bad it really is. Otherwise, all of your emotive disgust over this camera and mount is not only unsubstantiated, but also meaningless.
Go and see any photos from any camera with this sensor...
Do you really believe that engineers can deceive physics?

IQ from 1/2.33" is the bottom of IQ. Don't you know it?