Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #466
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by adr1an Quote
I think Q37 is quite interesting:

Q: "Do you plan to introduce lens adapter to fit k-mount lens"
A: The Examination is underway. We have no fixed plan for it.

So we may well be able to recycle all the current glass on a Q.
One of the guys at the Pentax booth at PMA was less vague and gave me more details.

However, because I don't want to misquote him, and it's not in that document that Nicole scanned, I won't repeat it in this forum.

Let's just wait over the next few months and see.

I think there will be another announcement by Pentax before the end of the year.

06-27-2011, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #467
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
You guys remember photography being FUN don't you
Yes - and for me, the fun started when I put down my P&S, gained the ability to control DOF, lock focus in dim light relatively quickly, and could count on good IQ past ISO 800. And gained access to all the wonderful, truly industry-leading K-mount lenses.

A new, better P&S isn't my idea of photographic fun. A novelty, yes, cute, yes, but it just doesn't seem to have anything to do with Pentax. I feel as if a percentage of the Pentax forum just got very interested in a strange Sigma or Sony product, and started throwing insults at anyone who questioned that silly product.

If this takes a chunk out of Hoya's P&S development pie, then it just doesn't matter to me, and it occupies only slightly more space in my awareness than the latest Optio. I fear, though, that it's taking resources away from new aps-c k-mount lenses, a new AF module, a new SDM, and maybe even FF.

06-27-2011, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #468
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Are you sure that we can find people who LIKE 1/2.3" sensor.

And who select camera ONLY by sensor? Very few people, I think...
Please don't belittle this little sensor, it represents a recent technological break-through. According to waikikileak, each pixel constitutes a quantum dot, therefore, this small sensor will out-perform APS-C sensor in K-5.
06-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
Please don't belittle this little sensor, it represents a recent technological break-through. According to waikikileak, each pixel constitutes a quantum dot, therefore, this small sensor will out-perform APS-C sensor in K-5.
With sufficient thrust pigs not only can, but do fly. The problem is being underneath them when they land.

Or to bring us back around, if this camera can outperform the K5, I'll buy two and wear them on my nipples.

06-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #470
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote

Since each pixel will be destroyed by the first photon it captures, you'll need a new sensor with every exposure! (Maybe I should give Pentax more credit here, that's a cash cow.)

Last edited by jsherman999; 06-27-2011 at 05:22 PM.
06-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #471
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Deflection. The Q mount requires shutters in the lens. There is no in-body mechanical shutter.
Even if that's the case, there's nothing stopping them from putting the shutter in the K-to-Q-mount adapter. Problem solved.
06-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #472
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
One of the guys at the Pentax booth at PMA was less vague and gave me more details.

However, because I don't want to misquote him, and it's not in that document that Nicole scanned, I won't repeat it in this forum.

Let's just wait over the next few months and see.

I think there will be another announcement by Pentax before the end of the year.
Cheers Christine. I'm sure we will wait patiently with baited breath and open minds.

06-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #473
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
snip... if this camera can outperform the K5, I'll buy two and wear them on my nipples.
best Pentax Q comment ever!!
06-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #474
Pentaxian

Question, might be a stupid one:

I noticed some lenses appear to have a shutter built-in. Why do you need a shutter at all in a mirror-less? Wouldn't it be better to keep the lenses simple and cheap?
06-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #475
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Question, might be a stupid one:

I noticed some lenses appear to have a shutter built-in. Why do you need a shutter at all in a mirror-less? Wouldn't it be better to keep the lenses simple and cheap?
I suspect because it's technologically harder to make sure the sensor stops receiving light electrically rather than just blocking light with a physical shutter.

But, I'm just guessing.
06-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #476
juu
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Even if that's the case, there's nothing stopping them from putting the shutter in the K-to-Q-mount adapter. Problem solved.
True, except it adds $150 to adapter price and means the nice Chinese chaps supplying all the $15 m43 and NEX adapters cannot make them.
06-28-2011, 03:19 AM   #477
Veteran Member

If they do successfully make and release an adapter, I look forward to the first photos of a Pentax Q with a Bigma attached.
06-28-2011, 03:20 AM - 1 Like   #478

The whole concept smells like the old 110 format film SLR from many years ago, which was more a novelty than a serious camera .I would have thought that any photographer who is willing to carry around and change lenses frequently would want the quality of a decent sized sensor. When I want a compact high quality camera, I pinch the wife's Lumix. Given that most buyers would want to use their existing glass, the advantage of a super compact body is lost. I believe the Q will be a flop. Shame it was not made in APS C format as a compact alternative to a DSLR. What was going through their minds when they came up with this?
06-28-2011, 03:43 AM   #479
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adr1an Quote
Cheers Christine. I'm sure we will wait patiently with baited breath and open minds.
Given the attitude of some of the posters in this thread, maybe we should wait patiently with "open breath" and "baited minds"
06-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #480
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
if this camera can outperform the K5, I'll buy two and wear them on my nipples.
O my, we all want to see those pictures