Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

More Q images :-) non-official

These are not from the Pentax official images, hence the new thread.

Images are here: http://www.yaotomi.co.jp/...011/08/-pentax-q-with-01-standard-prime.html#more

This batch are from a set in a very nice temple area and a district known as Lake Biwa Canal Aqueduct (canal Court). Nice pics!

I think most will enjoy these.

Here is one to get things rolling:

Attached Images

08-27-2011, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #2
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
P&S's IQ.

This photos are worse than official with good light and close distance.
08-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's not hard to imagine your typical breakfast consists of a cup of liquid asphalt, toasted roof shingles and a couple of hands full of construction nails. Your grump factor and liver qi is pretty replete.

thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
P&S's IQ.

This photos are worse than official with good light and close distance.
08-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
It's not hard to imagine your typical breakfast consists of a cup of liquid asphalt, toasted roof shingles and a couple of hands full of construction nails.
LUXURY!!!

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

08-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I sense animosity.
08-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I sense animosity.
Fail.

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

08-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #7

Is that bokeh from the lens or image processor? There's something odd looking about it.

As far as official ones go, those were in perfect lighting with little shadow.
08-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Fail.

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

Original 4 Yorkshiremen Sketch - YouTube
I sense self pity.

08-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
Veteran Member

That image use Bokeh control, it looks not so bad.
http://www.yaotomi.co.jp/blog/walk/IMGP0657.jpg
(on the right of the frog, you can notice a thin spider web's thread, and it's not obliterate by the effect)
I'm curious to know how the camera get the Z-axis (depht) informations.
08-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
Couldn't get solar1's URL to work; is it just me? The URL i have for these shots is:

PENTAX Q ?????? ??? ? 01 STANDARD PRIME - ??????

That's a good lens, that Q standard prime.
08-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
LUXURY!!!

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt!!
08-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by conradj Quote
Couldn't get solar1's URL to work; is it just me? The URL i have for these shots is:

PENTAX Q ?????? ??? ? 01 STANDARD PRIME - ??????

That's a good lens, that Q standard prime.
WOW! Those are some awesome photos! This photo is pretty impressive because the thin netting has pretty good detail in the shadows, and this photo is quite impressive because of the decent level of detail throughout the entire DOF.

Also, for this kind of sensor, how small of an aperture can you get before diffraction occurs? Most of these shots were used at f2 to f2.8, and I am wondering what the average sweet spot would be among the Q lenses.
08-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #13
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UdonUdon Quote
WOW! Those are some awesome photos! This photo is pretty impressive because the thin netting has pretty good detail in the shadows,
Ordinary P&S's photo
08-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #14

Ordinary P&S's photo
One can have dismissive thoughts abt the in-cam noise reduction and sharpening, sure, but few P&S's have a lens like that.

And that's definitely 12 bit colour i'm seeing. i would definitely be able to do something with the DNG's from this camera.
08-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Ordinary P&S's photo
Typical OGL's Q-bashing.