Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by northislander Quote
I can't seem to get the time laps movie mode to work right. I can set all the settings hit the start shooting with shutter button. The Q starts shooting at the set times at the end it says its done shooting. When I go to play back the movie it says only 00'00" for time and only the first shot shows up. what happen to the other photos I don't know.
Hmm, that's odd. If you look at the movie file on a computer, does it work there? Is the file size very small?

03-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
it needs MUSIC...lol it was cool watching the sun fall and thank you for the non-manual finds

I'm going to latch it onto the supermarket cart with fisheye
03-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by northislander Quote
I can't seem to get the time laps movie mode to work right. I can set all the settings hit the start shooting with shutter button. The Q starts shooting at the set times at the end it says its done shooting. When I go to play back the movie it says only 00'00" for time and only the first shot shows up. what happen to the other photos I don't know.
Just spotted your post northislander (haven't checked forum for a while!).

I had the exact same problem with my Q recently (Feb 2012 - still under warranty). I took it to Oz distributor (CR Kennedy), who ended up swapping it for a brand new one (which works fine).

CRK did some initial checking on my old one, & when they contacted the manufacturer, they said Pentax Japan had not heard of this problem before.

Looks like we were both a bit unlucky! I tried everything to get the function to work on my original unit, but nothing would fix it - CRK suggested it was probably a software glitch of some sort (probably a plausible guess!).

If you're don't have warranty, your other option for timelapse is to use interval shooting & post-process on computer to bind the images into a movie - haven't tried it myself yet, but there are apparently advantages in being able to make a much longer timelapse than available thru the default 'interval movie' option on Q.

Good Luck with fixing your problem!
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
If the timelapse movie problem is software related, maybe you could fix it by doing the firmware upgrade. Just a thought.

03-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
Forum Member

Called Pentax to find out what was going on with my timelaps movie mode. They got me to reset the camera and it now works. Thanks for the Help all.