Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 188
Pentax Q Photo Shoot: B&W

Here's my photo shoot today with the Pentax Q. Overall I'm really happy with the images and the amount of good shots I got. I never had a problem making the camera work the way I wanted and quality of all the images are excellent.

I used the B&W smart effect for all the shots and updated the shadows in post process for the first few tree shots and one or two made the contrast slightly higher. Other than that, they are straight from the Q as is.

A Walk Down Congress Avenue: Pentax Q Photo Shoot | The Eccentric Apprentice

10-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member
RioRico's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Limbo, California
Posts: 11,264
Nice shoot -- and I'll bet that you wouldn't have attempted some of those shots with a larger camera. There's something about a small camera that feels more intimate and immediate, with less between you and the outside world than the barrier of a larger camera+lens setup.
10-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 188
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Nice shoot -- and I'll bet that you wouldn't have attempted some of those shots with a larger camera. There's something about a small camera that feels more intimate and immediate, with less between you and the outside world than the barrier of a larger camera+lens setup.
Thank you! That's100% true. I was planning on bringing my K-x and similar lens setup along which would have made me bring my large camera backpack to put everything in. I was hoping to do more comparison shots and use the K- when I wanted a shallower DOF, I'm extremely glad I didn't bring it because after 3 hours walking around in 95 degree weather the last thing I wanted was more weight and bulk. I was able to fit and carry everything in a pair of cargo shorts and walk around without anyone knowing I even had a camera with me and 3 lenses. I even had a mini tripod with me for the Q in case I needed it.
10-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,082
QuoteOriginally posted by knightzerox Quote
Here's my photo shoot today with the Pentax Q. Overall I'm really happy with the images and the amount of good shots I got. I never had a problem making the camera work the way I wanted and quality of all the images are excellent.

I used the B&W smart effect for all the shots and updated the shadows in post process for the first few tree shots and one or two made the contrast slightly higher. Other than that, they are straight from the Q as is.

A Walk Down Congress Avenue: Pentax Q Photo Shoot | The Eccentric Apprentice
If your job is selling Pentax Qs I think you're doing a good job. You've got a good eye and those black and whites are dynamite.

10-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 188
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
If your job is selling Pentax Qs I think you're doing a good job. You've got a good eye and those black and whites are dynamite.
Thank you very much. I tried my best to take some compelling good photos to show that the Q is quite capable. And since you mentioned me trying to sell the Q, I did a quick Photoshop on one of the photos. Though I should probably take it down soon before I get sued by Pentax ha.


Name:  QAd.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  109.4 KB
10-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
ricardsonwilliams's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dongguan
Posts: 18
very nice shots!!! mine still here and I didn't have much time to use for Street photography.....
10-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 188
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ricardsonwilliams Quote
very nice shots!!! mine still here and I didn't have much time to use for Street photography.....
Thank you! The Q is pretty nice for street photography due to it's size being very discreet. Even with larger lens, it's very easy to sneak in and take shots with out too many people feeling uncomfortable.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, images, mirrorless, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, photo, q10, q7, shots
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Raynox DCR-250 & Olympus Point & Shoot atnbirdie Sold Items 2 03-09-2010 01:30 PM
First photo shoot, C&C extremely welcomed :) Martynas Post Your Photos! 9 07-09-2008 06:29 AM
Point & Shoot Photo Contest #2 and Pentax Compact Cameras 26 02-13-2008 03:02 PM
Point & Shoot Photo Contest #2: Winners and Pentax Compact Cameras 9 02-12-2008 03:37 AM
Point & shoot photo contest #1 barondla Pentax Compact Cameras 34 01-25-2008 04:57 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top