Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unfortunately, that Tamron is a CS mount lens that has a flange depth of 5mm shorter than the c mount. So it won't work with the c mount adapters.

I'm watching this one:
4-10mm F/1.6 Megapixel lens

10-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From the review:
"Unlike the J1, however, the Q's flash also functions while retracted, and you can tilt it vertically as well -- overall, it's a very impressive design."

What are they talking about here? The Q's flash doesn't tilt up.
10-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
From the review:
"Unlike the J1, however, the Q's flash also functions while retracted, and you can tilt it vertically as well -- overall, it's a very impressive design."

They meant it pops up but as you can see, the quality of the review is quite low.

EDIT* Apparently they DID actually mean that you can bend the Flash while it's poped up almost vertical. Not really sure why they were impressed by that.

Last edited by knightzerox; 10-26-2011 at 10:33 AM.
10-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
From the review:

I thought the same thing, and actually thought that maybe there was some kind of catch. . . The thing is, you can tilt the flash head to almost vertical against the arm when it's in the raised position. . . for whatever good that might do. . .(give you landscape width of flash coverage when you hold the camera in portrait????).

Apparently they were making some kind of weird distinction between the popup mechanism of the Q to the J1, but it's really totally meaningless from any practical standpoint.

Scott

10-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I think it sounds like what i'd expect to hear. Even our review didnt cast the quality of images as being that great. Seeing that this was being sold to casual user, the main points are :

- Its cute and small (what casual users like)
- The image quality is not comparable to cameras an inch bigger.
- Given that the image quality is not comparable to cameras an inch bigger, the price point is steep.

All the other mumbo jumbo written there i think wont be of much use to casual users, who basically walks in a bestbuy store, takes a snap with a PEN or a NEX or a Q, and makes their buying judgment solely based on what they see at that moment.
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #21

I don't know, I thought that their conclusion was fairly on point actually, since it's still at least $200 dollars more than than the Fuji X10, the G12, the P7000, and the LX-5. I can't see why it's just as expensive as an NEX or a Pen. I like the camera a lot, but the price/performance ratio is not good. ...And I'm someone who shelled out for the Fuji X100. If someone wanted a G12 for $450, and the Pentax Q was $500, no question I'd recommend the Q. But at $799, I don't think so. It's even too expensive for an enthusiast who is probably looking for higher end performance!