Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #1

Existing lenses

I'm not sure this is the right forum, but not sure it fits anywhere else either...

It seems to me that Pentax should have produced a mirrorless camera that can take existing Pentax lenses (just as the Sony NEX cameras are compatible with their DSLR lenses - with an adaptor, I believe.)

Obviously, it wouldn't be as small as the Q, but presumably just making it mirrorless would allow a considerable reduction in size (comparable to the mirrorless cameras from other companies).

What would be better than a compact mirrorless body combined with the 21mm, 40mm and 70mm pancake lenses.

Having a small mirrorless camera that was also compatible with my existing pentax lenses would be perfect.

Having a slim mirrorless camera with the 40mm pancake would be perfect. And even other smaller lenses (like the 50mm or the FA 35-70) are not much bigger (if bigger at all) than the zoom lenses that come with other mirrorless cameras.

Any thoughts?

10-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, we chew this over a lot. Pentax should/shouldn't build a MILC. Ricoh will/won't release a PK mountor for the GXR. The MILC and/or mountor should/shouldn't have various features. The markets will/won't allow Pentax-Ricoh to make money on such products. The products may or may not have some specific sensor to match or exceed (or be) Sony's or Samsung's or Kodak's. Endless debates, with about zero evidence that Pentax-Ricoh will go in any of those directions -- but the most likely is a GXR-PK mountor, a logical successor to the M (Leica) mountor. Whether it's AF+SR, who knows?