Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #1

Am I naive...

... to expect Pentax Q lens announcements at CES?
Would be nice to have some more primes (even if cheap MF only), like for instance 24/26 mm and 150/200 mm.

01-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We will see at least one more lens for the Q. It will be a zoom to match the current one. A 60-200ish equivalent. Everything pentax is running behind by about 75 days due to all the hardships in Japan and Thailand. So who knows if the lens will be announced now or later. More lenses are being considered. No idea what the are or if they will be produced. I dearly want a macro.

On another note the P&S contest has opened up to allow the Q. Please consider entering in the compact camera forum. The Q can use all the positive exposure it can get.
thanks
barondla
01-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #3

Original Poster
Why do you think merely 60-200 equivalent? For larger aperture? The first Q kit zoom is pretty conventional, ca 28-80 if memory serves me right, so one would expect the tele zoom to be in the region of 75-300?