Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #1906
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
And you might wonder why I like seeing all the nice beach shots - here is my view this morning once again.......
Nice looking shot Stan, I am hoping not to see any more snow this year, but that's a little optimistic

Hans

03-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #1907
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
First few shots with my new Pentax OEM K to Q adapter. I find I get sharper results than with the Forodiox adapter. 1/500 sec. shutter speed is really 1/500 sec rather than a scan. Jello caused by the shutter scan is not always a obvious stretch of the image but sometimes a line by line shift causing a slight blur and that is eliminated with the Pentax adapter. So far I like it. Here is a few from last night and today. The moon shot with my DAL 55-300, the rest with my SMC-M 135 f3.5

Hans
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
03-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #1908
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Fun on the water.
I like the colors and the overall sharpness, I assume it's your 06

Hans
03-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #1909
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,003
Father and daughter

Shot while visiting some friends.

Attached Images
 
03-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #1910
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,434
QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
I like the colors and the overall sharpness, I assume it's your 06

Hans
Thanks! Yes the 06.
03-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #1911
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Hurried but couldn't resist.
dave that is perfect timing...awesome shot!!!
03-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #1912
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Fun on the water.
the colors are excellent!!
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #1913
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
First few shots with my new Pentax OEM K to Q adapter. I find I get sharper results than with the Forodiox adapter. 1/500 sec. shutter speed is really 1/500 sec rather than a scan. Jello caused by the shutter scan is not always a obvious stretch of the image but sometimes a line by line shift causing a slight blur and that is eliminated with the Pentax adapter. So far I like it. Here is a few from last night and today. The moon shot with my DAL 55-300, the rest with my SMC-M 135 f3.5

Hans
hans i really like the first and last...great shots!!!

03-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #1914
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Shot while visiting some friends.
i love these type of shots...so special and something they will cherish years to come!!!
03-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #1915
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,003
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
i love these type of shots...so special and something they will cherish years to come!!!
Many thanks, Amy! The parents are among my oldest friends and I've known their little girl since she was an infant.
03-16-2013, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #1916
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,434
Some shots from today with the 06. Sun was going down and everything was backlit.
Attached Images
   
03-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #1917
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,434
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
the colors are excellent!!
Thanks!
03-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #1918
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Some shots from today with the 06. Sun was going down and everything was backlit.
You are just having a ball with that 06 and getting some great results, love the colors and perspective

Hans
03-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #1919
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,434
QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
You are just having a ball with that 06 and getting some great results, love the colors and perspective

Hans
Thanks! I admit that the Q is definitely the most fun camera I have ever owned and the 06 gives me pretty good versatility without sacrificing performance.
03-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #1920
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks! I admit that the Q is definitely the most fun camera I have ever owned and the 06 gives me pretty good versatility without sacrificing performance.
Your shots with the 06 are making me want one. Unfortunately I have bought the 03 fish eye.... I will wait until the next line of Q lenses come out and make a choice then I think. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful shots.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top