Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #2326
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hayes, Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 96
Who you calling chicken?



Q + 01 prime

Lee

04-29-2013, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #2327
Senior Member
Michelek's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lodz
Posts: 232
Again many very nice shots, congratulations!
I find the macros really impressive, but what I like the most is the "Passenger seat photography" - excellent composition and rhythm, well done!

Recently I tried some more Pentax 110 lenses - the 18 and 50 mm. I decided to use them for indoor, low light portraits of my family. Here is my wife and you can find pics of my daughters on my blog - you are very welcome to visit it and perhaps you will find some interesting stuff there, as I try to write about mirrorless photography and equipment.

04-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #2328
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,049
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
Again many very nice shots, congratulations!
I find the macros really impressive, but what I like the most is the "Passenger seat photography" - excellent composition and rhythm, well done!

Recently I tried some more Pentax 110 lenses - the 18 and 50 mm. I decided to use them for indoor, low light portraits of my family. Here is my wife and you can find pics of my daughters on my blog - you are very welcome to visit it and perhaps you will find some interesting stuff there, as I try to write about mirrorless photography and equipment.
This photo & those on your blog are terrific, Michelek!
04-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #2329
Senior Member
Michelek's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lodz
Posts: 232
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
This photo & those on your blog are terrific, Michelek!
Thank you :-)
I must say that these Pentax 110 lenses make a fine combination with the Q - they're small, quite fast and good-lookin' ;-)

04-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #2330
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,988
Originally posted by pspentax Some landscapes:

Really compelling shots by ANY camera - made the more so by the Q!!
04-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #2331
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Blue Ridge Escarpment, North Carolina, US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,316
Our local boat landing with 02 lens and Billy Bunny taunting the dogs from outside the fence-fotodiox m42 adapter with a Vivitar 250mm 4.5 missing diaphragm.

Last edited by lukulele; 04-27-2014 at 10:45 AM.
04-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #2332
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,425
QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Our local boat landing with 02 lens and Billy Bunny taunting the dogs from outside the fence-fotodiox m42 adapter with a Vivitar 250mm 4.5 missing diaphragm.
Well done, was it on a tripod?

Part of the new family next door:


04-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #2333
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Blue Ridge Escarpment, North Carolina, US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,316
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Well done, was it on a tripod?

Part of the new family next door:


Thanks Tom,
The bunny was done with tripod but without the remote and I'm sure that affected the focus. Still working on a support for 135 SMC Takumar and 135 Mamiya Sekor and the Q.

04-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #2334
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,425
QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Thanks Tom,
The bunny was done with tripod but without the remote and I'm sure that affected the focus. Still working on a support for 135 SMC Takumar and 135 Mamiya Sekor and the Q.
The Q came Thursday, the Fotodiox adapter and no name gimbal the next two days so here's that setup with a Sears 135/2.8 and a couple of my better results so far. Had I known I was going to buy a Q a while back I would have kept the Takumar bayonet 135/2.5 I had for a while, it was super sharp, but to short for the K-30.











04-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #2335
Junior Member




Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 32
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
Again many very nice shots, congratulations!
I find the macros really impressive, but what I like the most is the "Passenger seat photography" - excellent composition and rhythm, well done!

Recently I tried some more Pentax 110 lenses - the 18 and 50 mm. I decided to use them for indoor, low light portraits of my family. Here is my wife and you can find pics of my daughters on my blog - you are very welcome to visit it and perhaps you will find some interesting stuff there, as I try to write about mirrorless photography and equipment.
Thanks Michelek. I've wanted to photograph that spot for ages but always been driving.
04-29-2013, 10:37 PM - 3 Likes   #2336
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seattle
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 66
Snoqualmie Pass, Washington. Shot with the 02 zoom while hanging out the window at 55 mph (as the passenger of course =). Edited in Silver Efex pro 2.
Attached Images
     
04-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #2337
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by bowdish67 Quote
Snoqualmie Pass, Washington. Shot with the 02 zoom while hanging out the window at 55 mph (as the passenger of course =). Edited in Silver Efex pro 2.
Excellent! The 02 strikes again.
04-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #2338
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 367
Q+01 imported to iPad and PP in snapspeed "wath a fantastic mobile studio"

Stairway to heaven ???

04-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #2339
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
The Q came Thursday, the Fotodiox adapter and no name gimbal the next two days so here's that setup with a Sears 135/2.8 and a couple of my better results so far. Had I known I was going to buy a Q a while back I would have kept the Takumar bayonet 135/2.5 I had for a while, it was super sharp, but to short for the K-30.
Hey Tom, it is looking good - I like the white Q/135/gimbal shot. The gimbal will come in handy for the longer work.
Test shots are showing promise.
I'm not familiar with the lens but suggest you test at base ISO 125, then play with the aperture to see how far you can go.
5.6 may be the the best compromise. Does it have a hood?
04-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #2340
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by pspentax Quote
Q+01 imported to iPad and PP in snapspeed "wath a fantastic mobile studio" Stairway to heaven ???
Very cool! Q - how are you getting your images into the iPad for editing, and do you think this can work OK with a mini?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top