Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

07-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #272
Pentaxian

Taking a photo break from creepy crawlies.

Something more pleasing to the eyes.

Or maybe this.....

x2 ??
07-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #273
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Far from 1:1. Scared this one off within one pop of the flash.
Shots like this, in my opinion, vindicate the Q as a serious tool, and prove that it would be a good idea for Pentax to treat it as such.

You know what would be a cool feature? A focus stacking feature. You would leave your camera on a tripod, and set the camera to take a predetermined number of exposures. Perhaps the camera would determine where to set the focus for optimal depth of field based on the f-stop.

That would be a great feature!
07-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #274
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
Shots like this, in my opinion, vindicate the Q as a serious tool, and prove that it would be a good idea for Pentax to treat it as such.

You know what would be a cool feature? A focus stacking feature. You would leave your camera on a tripod, and set the camera to take a predetermined number of exposures. Perhaps the camera would determine where to set the focus for optimal depth of field based on the f-stop.

That would be a great feature!
Indeed its a very good tool.
I believe that once the OEM adapter is out and supports flash sync speeds of 1/250 for external flash its time that the Q will 'awaken' as a complimentary system for DSLR/Pentax users.

More good stuff to come if Pentax goes through with the planned wide angle, tele zoom and prime.

07-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #275
Pentaxian

More streets/candids with the Q.

Something sinister this way comes....

Something sexy this way comes....

We can strut our stuff too
07-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #276

My humble contribution:

Pentax Q - a set on Flickr

Regards
08-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #277
Inactive Account

I enjoy this little toy. Even though it's only two days old, I managed to use it on a serious mission-a friend of mine rents out his apartement and wanted to have one single picture of his flat:

this camera is really fun to use. Really.

Andras

08-01-2012, 04:11 PM - 2 Likes   #278
Forum Member

i can only agree, that Q is surprising me everyday

i just cut the cables on the first picture on PP, added a little contrast

these were taken from High speed train window, with very low light, and fast moving train
these are maybe not perfect, but i swear the ambiant light is close to the real thing !
08-04-2012, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #279
Veteran Member

Superbe Spellcaster!

Just love my Q, I always have it with me.

Got those shot driving home from the theatre this evening.

Pat
08-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #280
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by planedriver Quote
I enjoy this little toy. Even though it's only two days old, I managed to use it on a serious mission-a friend of mine rents out his apartement and wanted to have one single picture of his flat:

this camera is really fun to use. Really.

Andras

Just like a beer ad.
Nice one.
08-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #281
Inactive Account

Thanks!

I haven't enjoyed photography that much for while like I enjoy it now

This camera is great. It's always difficult to capture my boy-and in this case the picture turned out to be not perfect-it was sharp at the wrong place, actually it was taken at 1/10. Still with the in camera filters it turned out to be qiute usable for me. It definitely has the mood which I tried to capture.

Another fish eye perspective..one might say it's over processed-but there are so many filters in the camera that it takes some time until you find your prefered settings.

Andras
08-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #282
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for all the pics, guys! I think my wife is about to join the "Q" crowd. We found a used one locally for a really good price. Tried to get it yesterday, but the seller was unavailable. Even though it's supposed to be my wife's camera, I'm looking forward to trying it out on my own.
08-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #283
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having seen the shots here I decided the Q has enough macro and telephoto potential to warrant investing in a K mount adapter. I couldn't be bothered to wait any longer for Pentax to bring one out. This is with the FA43 coupled to a scope (uncropped):

And this is a few shots stitched together:

This was a quick first attempt and I have plenty of work to do to improve the quality (not least get a remote) but I am very encouraged by the potential. The Q has surpassed my expectations.
08-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #284

Dr orloff, fantastic moon shots, especially the 2nd.

Planedriver: I've found it quite easy to overdo the "effects" with the Q's filters. Less is more, I think. I'm not a fan of tilted shots unless they're following the contour of the natural subject, but that first shot is quite good! In the days of film I didn't obsess to much over pixel (or grain) level sharpness at my subject, and I would have called that shot "acceptably sharp." really like it, pixel sharp or not!
08-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #285
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
Having seen the shots here I decided the Q has enough macro and telephoto potential to warrant investing in a K mount adapter. I couldn't be bothered to wait any longer for Pentax to bring one out. This is with the FA43 coupled to a scope (uncropped):

And this is a few shots stitched together:

This was a quick first attempt and I have plenty of work to do to improve the quality (not least get a remote) but I am very encouraged by the potential. The Q has surpassed my expectations.

I am lost for words...
Incredible shot.
I'm going to link to this shot to whoever thinks the the Q is not a serious camera.

Can you elaborate on the setup? Thx