Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #3256
Junior Member
AnalogMan's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 37
Sitting at my desk goofing with the Extract Color Digital Filter. Images are straight out of the camera, no PP except for scaling the pics to 800x600




Mike

11-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #3257
Senior Member
Michelek's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lodz
Posts: 232
Bombur:

(Pentax Q, CZJ Tevidon 18mm f/1.8 C-mount)

An unusual car I saw today:



(Pentax Q, Fujinon 35mm f/1.4 C-mount)
11-22-2013, 11:53 AM - 2 Likes   #3258
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Silicon Valley California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 119
Few more Q'uick snap shots













Rick
11-22-2013, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #3259
Junior Member
AnalogMan's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 37
I just received my Fotodiox AF-P/Q for Minolta A mount lenses. The first lens that I tried out was one of my Minolta Maxum AF 50mm f1.7 (22). I believe that works out to about a 275mm. Yes, focusing is a challenge!









Mike

11-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #3260
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bucks County, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 499
QuoteOriginally posted by AnalogMan Quote
I just received my Fotodiox AF-P/Q for Minolta A mount lenses. The first lens that I tried out was one of my Minolta Maxum AF 50mm f1.7 (22). I believe that works out to about a 275mm. Yes, focusing is a challenge!

Mike
Nice job, Mike! The last one is my favorite.
11-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #3261
Junior Member
AnalogMan's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 37
Thanks DaveInPA! This little Q is becoming quite fun!

Mike
11-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #3262
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Silicon Valley California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 119
Nice ones Mike. I also like that last one. Have you enabled "Focus Peaking" which helps a lot at manual focusing. I have it ON all the time even when using AF lenses. Oh, and on the 03 Fish Eye - since that's manual focus - it helps to see the shimmering white outlines Focus Confirmation. BTW, I also love that Maxxum prime - used to shoot w/Minolta film cameras and that glass does wonders on my Alpha A55. Now, you need to get out there and capture your world through your Fish Eye 03.

Cheers
Rick
11-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #3263
Junior Member
AnalogMan's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 37
Thanks Rick! Yep, I found the Focus Peaking after I shot those pictures and I think I will leave it on all the time too! I have a Maxxum 9xi and a Maxxum 9000 that still get "exercised" from time to time and a Sony A300 that can use the lenses too. With my acquisition of the "Q" I'm finding that the rest of my cameras are being ignored!

Mike

11-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #3264
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,248
QuoteOriginally posted by AnalogMan Quote
Thanks Rick! Yep, I found the Focus Peaking after I shot those pictures and I think I will leave it on all the time too! I have a Maxxum 9xi and a Maxxum 9000 that still get "exercised" from time to time and a Sony A300 that can use the lenses too. With my acquisition of the "Q" I'm finding that the rest of my cameras are being ignored!

Mike
The Q has a habit of doing that to you, ignoring other equipment that is. Wait till you go in a trip and try to decide what equipment to bring.
11-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #3265
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,049
While wandering about today.
Attached Images
 
11-24-2013, 09:17 PM - 3 Likes   #3266
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: davao
Posts: 4
1st portrait shoot using the Q + 01 and 02 lenses

Hello everyone! 1st post here and 1st portrait shoot using the Q + 01 and 02 lenses
Attached Images
   
11-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #3267
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,521
QuoteOriginally posted by armendoza Quote
Hello everyone! 1st post here and 1st portrait shoot using the Q + 01 and 02 lenses
I like the first shot! Nice work!
11-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #3268
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,248
QuoteOriginally posted by armendoza Quote
Hello everyone! 1st post here and 1st portrait shoot using the Q + 01 and 02 lenses
Welcome and I agree with LeRolls nicely done
11-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #3269
Pentaxian
wolfiegirl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Outside of Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,066
Have just joined the club. A Q crossed my path at a price point I couldn't say no to. Am quite pleased with the 01 results so far. It's probably a little too light and small after getting used to lugging the k-01 with an old tamron adaptall around, but I can see the Q adding a lot of value.

Here is a shot taken at around 20cm from the subject. It's been a while since I've been able to do that, and get these kind of results!

11-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #3270
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,248
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Have just joined the club. A Q crossed my path at a price point I couldn't say no to. Am quite pleased with the 01 results so far. It's probably a little too light and small after getting used to lugging the k-01 with an old tamron adaptall around, but I can see the Q adding a lot of value.

Here is a shot taken at around 20cm from the subject. It's been a while since I've been able to do that, and get these kind of results!
Welcome to the club
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top