Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2014, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #3676

Went out street shooting for the first time with my new viewfinder.
I was super excited to shoot pseudo-rangefinder style and out of all the shots which didn't turn out so well, I think I might have gotten a few which are "gold." At least for me.

This one is my absolute favorite, It's the exact kind of shot I was looking for today with a full range of greys, a nice subject ( I love that long stride and it's shadow) and good composition.

This second one is a shot I snagged of these two people as they were walking along the diag in downtown Ann Arbor. They were discussing vinyl records and so whenever I see this shot I think of them talking about it. I had to literally power walk along behind them in order to get this shot. Well worth it.

The third is one I'm sure we can all relate to. I spied this photographer hauling his gear somewhere from the inside of the art museum. I was in a room where we weren't supposed to take photographs, but I took the risk to get this shot anyways.

It was a great day and I had an awesome time, I can't wait to go out shooting like this again.
~M

Last edited by MykeBatez; 03-22-2014 at 07:16 PM.
03-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #3677
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Keep forgetting the Q is in my parka pocket. Remembered this time.
Great shots, Jac!

---------- Post added 03-23-14 at 12:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MykeBatez Quote
Went out street shooting for the first time with my new viewfinder.
I was super excited to shoot pseudo-rangefinder style and out of all the shots which didn't turn out so well, I think I might have gotten a few which are "gold." At least for me.

This one is my absolute favorite, It's the exact kind of shot I was looking for today with a full range of greys, a nice subject ( I love that long stride and it's shadow) and good composition.

This second one is a shot I snagged of these two people as they were walking along the diag in downtown Ann Arbor. They were discussing vinyl records and so whenever I see this shot I think of them talking about it. I had to literally power walk along behind them in order to get this shot. Well worth it.

The third is one I'm sure we can all relate to. I spied this photographer hauling his gear somewhere from the inside of the art museum. I was in a room where we weren't supposed to take photographs, but I took the risk to get this shot anyways.

It was a great day and I had an awesome time, I can't wait to go out shooting like this again.
~M
Liked these a lot, Myke
03-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #3678

Yo.

So I'm not a photographer by trade or habit, but I needed a camera for school (Mainly because I'm too lazy to copy down everything my professors write on the board). After looking at the cheapest options on Amazon and perusing these forums, I felt the Q would be perfect, and thus far I've been happy with it. As this forum was instrumental in my decision to purchase a Q, I felt I should at least share some shots in appreciation.

Taken at the Los Angeles County Airshow in Lancaster.

03-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #3679
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

03-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #3680
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
More archival shots! Pentax Q + 03, single exposure. Little bit noisy, but not too bad

03-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #3681
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
More archival shots! Pentax Q + 03, single exposure. Little bit noisy, but not too bad
They don't seem to have uploaded. Just one appears.
03-26-2014, 08:27 PM - 1 Like   #3682
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah sorry, that was poorly worded

I meant "Another shot from my archive", just the 1 to see today
03-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #3683
Loyal Site Supporter

Here are a couple of shots from Boston and Toronto. Q 7 with 01 and 06 respectively.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
03-29-2014, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #3684

I've been neglecting my original Q a little lately but fell straight back into my Bold Monochrome + 01 lens love affair. I think I really need the 06 now, I just had so much fun out street shooting today.
Attached Images

03-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #3685
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

The l'il gal in the second shot is a real keeper.
03-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #3686

The l'il gal in the second shot is a real keeper.
Thanks, Its my favourite too, I was just about to walk away so It was a true case of if i didn't have the Q I would never have got the k7 out in time to capture her!
04-01-2014, 03:18 AM   #3687
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I took my bike out for an excuse to stretch the new leather..

That haze is a fire coming over the hill. Yeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa. (turns out it was a controlled burn back)

This haze is sun flare on a crappy filter :P

This is the only shot I remembered to take with the bike in it.

The little Q was strapped to the outside of my bag for the trip. Handy little sod it was really. I must get some of those straps with clicky removable bits for more ultra portability.

Fail.

Get a bike. They are good
04-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #3688

04-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #3689
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Agreed--nice little mini-scene there.

---------- Post added 03-14-14 at 09:30 AM ----------

Greetings, fellow enthQsiasts! The Q always had my eye, so when one popped up with the 01 for cheap on my local cl, I bit. So far it is as fun a little photographic tool as you all have said.

Recently I have popped it in my coat at work to catch any little thing that hits my eye. I'll "grace" you all with a few here...

Thanks for looking!
Really like these

Keep forgetting the Q is in my parka pocket. Remembered this time.
cool shots

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
Still working slowly through the archives, Q + 03

r
Nice - I should use the 03 more often, but the little bag I have only holds 3 lenses max, usually 2.

Here are a few - I've been trying out the q7. Quite an upgrade IMO. Seems to be sharper, definitely focus faster in low light, and it's way faster in terms of responsiveness.

New lens - got the 08! Awesome lens - loving the superwides! Interesting flare on this first one...

Here's a few shots from Austin

Back home now...

04-05-2014, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #3690
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pelicans with my Q7

Shot from the Naples FL. Pier with my Q7 and 06 lens, what a joy to watch those guys diving. They mostly hit the water under the pier so I couldn’t shoot them hitting the water. Some funny poses on the way down.