Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #3976
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 366
Through our front windshield - 3 lane interstate. NOT photo shopped...

07-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #3977
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,570
Panorama

Here is a panorama I just made with the Q7 and 01 using 12 photos in Hugin. I am really pleased with the detail the little combo gave me. The original file is 54 megabytes!
Attached Images
 
07-20-2014, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #3978
Senior Member
Jens Lyn IV's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ringsted, Denmark
Photos: Albums
Posts: 221
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Yikes!
Note the light bar strapped to the bumper.

Apologies to my fellow Dane for exposing* his troll...
*Oh look, a pun!
07-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #3979
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,298
QuoteOriginally posted by HenrikDK Quote
There are some crazy people out there


Good thing you thought to snap a shot before swerving out of the way. Good for insurance purposes.

07-20-2014, 06:25 PM - 4 Likes   #3980
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,269
Q & 02:
07-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #3981
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 145
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Kind of digging that 80's hair in the last shot.
ah, yeah its pretty impressive and it helped lock focus instantly



QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
These are great, PNTX!
thank you very much jva59, cheers
07-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #3982
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,298
QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Q & 02:
Fantastic (and I mean that quite literally)!
07-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #3983
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 100
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Here is a panorama I just made with the Q7 and 01 using 12 photos in Hugin. I am really pleased with the detail the little combo gave me. The original file is 54 megabytes!
nice panorama!

07-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #3984
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 901
QuoteOriginally posted by HenrikDK Quote
Interstate I-24 south of Nashville - There are some crazy people out there
You mean the crazy person taking a photo whilst driving on the interstate. Driving so close to the truck being towed in front of him and so distracted by taking the photo that if the tow truck has to make an emergency stop there will be no time to react. Yup, Crazy.

---------- Post added 07-20-2014 at 10:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Q & 02:
Nice. Cool SFX. More temptation to get a Q lens for my Q.
07-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #3985
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,720
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
12 photos in Hugin. I am really pleased with the detail the little combo gave me. The original file is 54 megabytes!
Nice image. Who needs a 645Z when you have Q and Hugin
07-21-2014, 03:02 AM - 1 Like   #3986
Senior Member
Jens Lyn IV's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ringsted, Denmark
Photos: Albums
Posts: 221
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
taking a photo whilst driving
Let's not get carried away here, this was clearly taken from the passenger side.
07-21-2014, 05:49 AM   #3987
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 366
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
You mean the crazy person taking a photo whilst driving on the interstate. Driving so close to the truck being towed in front of him and so distracted by taking the photo that if the tow truck has to make an emergency stop there will be no time to react. Yup, Crazy.[COLOR="Silver"
Ouch - you are not much fun... I did not know people in California drive on the left side

Yes - my wife drives to close at time (don't tell her I said so). However, in this case I have to defend her. It is the tow truck pulling out in front of us and going much slower than normal due to the steep descend (6%). I wish I had a selfie of myself looking up from playing around with Q settings I had a few more, but not quite as dramatic due to the greater distance.

Well - I thought it was funny. Maybe misplaced Danish humor Lets get back to some Q shots!

Last edited by HenrikDK; 07-21-2014 at 06:11 AM.
07-21-2014, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #3988
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 901
QuoteOriginally posted by HenrikDK Quote
Ouch - you are not much fun... I did not know people in California drive on the left side

Yes - my wife drives to close at time (don't tell her I said so). However, in this case I have to defend her. It is the tow truck pulling out in front of us and going much slower than normal due to the steep descend (6%). I wish I had a selfie of myself looking up from playing around with Q settings I had a few more, but not quite as dramatic due to the greater distance.

Well - I thought it was funny. Maybe misplaced Danish humor Lets get back to some Q shots!

Not misplaced humor at all, just misplaced ire on my part perhaps.

I ride a motorbike and this weekend saw one too many close calls. Perhaps I was a bit wound up from it all. Definitely wound up.
07-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #3989
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,298
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
I ride a motorbike and this weekend saw one too many close calls. Perhaps I was a bit wound up from it all. Definitely wound up.
I was out photographing in a park yesterday, heard a tremendous crash just outside the park entrance. Driving home saw some especially egregious red light pushing, and passing on the right. It's bad out there.
07-21-2014, 11:25 PM - 3 Likes   #3990
Pentaxian
ChatMechant's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 710
newest addition to the family, with the q7/06

Last edited by ChatMechant; 01-28-2016 at 12:49 AM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top